It is VERY IMPORTANT that you follow these pre-tan Instructions! You should start your tanning preparation 7 days before your comp.
- 7 days before: Start EXFOLIATING everyday. Use a loofah or an exfoliating mitt in the shower or bath with a body scrub lotion. Gently scrub your entire body to remove dead or flaky skin cells. This provides a fresh top layer of skin, giving you a more even tan. Pay special attention to dry areas such as knees, ankles, feet, hands and elbows. We recommended Jan Tana Skin Prep available for purchase in our SHOP.
- 7 days before: MOISTURIZE your full body at least once a day – twice is better. Pay special attention to dry areas like knees, ankles, feet, hands and elbows. This will avoid the tan “sticking” to these areas and giving them a darker or orange look. Your skin will be naturally dehydrated and dry due to your diet, so it important that moisturize as much as possible.
- 3 days before: WAX your entire body. Your pores need time to close prior to your tanning session. Stop using any deodorant under your arms. Yes.. we know that it is difficult in humidity! Deodorant will turn your tan green.
- 2 days before: SHAVE your entire body if you have not waxed. You should shave 24 hours before any tanning. Exfoliate thoroughly in the evening and moisturize as much as possible throughout the day.
BASE & COMP DAY INSTRUCTIONS
- Shower and Shave at least 2 hours before your first tanning session.
- DO NOT use any moisturizer, body lotions, perfumes or deodorant and do not wear any makeup. These will act as a barrier for your tan.
- Wear VERY lose dark clothing to your session. Avoid elastic waste bands and tight T-shirts. Wear flip-flops and not socks and trainers.
- We provide disposable underwear for your tanning session. For men, you can wear your own briefs, but please make sure they are smaller than those you will be wearing on stage. The solution will not stain your clothes and washes out.
- Stay COOL & DRY after your tanning sessions.
Read our general FAQs for more information.