THE 3 P’s:
Correctly PREPARING and PROTECTING your spray tan means you will PROLONG the lifetime of your tan for up to 10 days. These tips will help you achieve just that.
- The first steps to getting the perfect tan happens before you even get your spray tan.
- EXFOLIATE your skin 24 hours. A sunless tan is developed on the outermost layer of your skin, which is subject to a normal shedding cycle. The solution affects only the top 25% of skin. Exfoliating provides a consistent, fresh top layer of skin, giving you a more even and long lasting tan. Pay special attention to dry areas such as knees, ankles, feet and elbows.
- MOISTURIZE the day before taking special care with dry areas such as knees, ankles, elbows and wrists. This will avoid the tan “sticking” to these areas and giving them a darker look. The more you moisturize the better.
- SHAVE/WAX at least 24 hours before your session to ensure that your pores close prior to your session.
- REMOVE make-up, deodorants, perfumes and lotion before your session as they form a barrier for absorption causing streaking and uneven tones.
- AVOID showering/bath for at least 2 hours before your tan.
- WEAR loose fitting dark closing to your session. The solution will rub off on your clothes, but it does not stain.
- The solution will develop within the first 2-3 hours
- AVOID water, saunas, spas, physical exercise, sweating, swimming, tight fitting clothing.
- AVOID touching your skin and avoid physical contact.
- AVOID sitting on leathers, light colored materials and soft furnishings. Always cover fabric before sitting on them.
- WAIT 2-3 hours before showering (or as prescribed by your Tan Technician). You will see the solution wash off – this is normal.
- MOISTERIZE at least daily as this will keep your skin hydrated prolonging the lifetime of the tan and fading more naturally
- AVOID long hot showers/baths as these can speed up fading
- AVOID any shaving/waxing for at least 2 days as this may strip away some of the tan.
- AVOID rubbing down with your towel after showering – pat dry your skin.
- AVOID heavy oils (Baby Oil) and Toners as these can have a stripping effect.
- Your spray should last anywhere from 5-10 days depending on how well you protect it.
Your spray tan should last anywhere from 5-10 days by following the 3 P’s. Visit our online store for quality products designed specifically to extend the life and look of your tan.